Plumbing the depths now. Interesting discoveries:
- No way to create separate mail folders on the iPhone itself. Apparently *.mac account holders get their mail folders copied across; the rest of us, SOL.
- Calendar synced just fine the first time; since then, nothing. All new entries not being synced. Happening to plenty of other people, too.
- Nice feature: if you are listening to music or a video on speakers, and plug in the headphones, volume automatically drops. Good idea!
- Application called “Handbrake” does a good job converting DVDs to iPhone-understandable format.
- Little flakey picking up in-house network; works fine near modem, not so good farther away.
- Headphones not convenient. How do all you iPod users deal? Wrap them around arm? Tuck them in pocket? They get tangled all the time!
Try changing your IMAP prefix in the advanced settings on the iPhone email preferences to INBOX.>>Once I did that, I had all my folders.
Douglas Moran said:
It’s a POP account, not an IMAP account, so that’s not going to work, alas.